Amstrad CPC emulators for Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7
WinAPE Amstrad CPC emulator
- Latest version 2.0b2 (5 January 2016)
- Works on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP (32/64 bits)
- Emulates Amstrad CPC 464/664 and 6128, the CPC 464+ and 6128+
- Supports DSK, EDSK, ARC and DSC disk image files zipped (with the majority of popular archivers) or unzipped
- Comments: It also features a debugger and assembler for the techies
- Project website http://www.winape.net
Play Amstrad CPC games with WinAPE on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7
So, what to do to play Amstrad games (such as Head over Heels) with WinAPE?
- Download WinAPE (zip file, WinAPE20B2.zip)
- Copy the contents of the downloaded zip file to an empty folder of choice
- Create a folder "games" in the folder where the WinAPE files are
- Download an Amstrad game, for example Head over Heels (headover.zip)
- Copy the zip file to the "games" folder you've created
- When installing WinAPE on Windows 10 or 8, it could happen that Direct Play hasn't been installed. WinAPE needs this to function properly. To install Direct Play follow these steps:
- Press Windows key and X
- Choose Programs and Features or press F
- On the left, click on Turn Windows features on or off
- Look for Legacy components, double click it or press the plus sign to see all components
- Check the Direct Play checkbox and click Ok
- Start WinAPE by double clicking the WinApe.exe file
- Choose the downloaded game to run with File - Drive A - Insert Disc Image...
- Check the Automatically Run Program checkbox if you don't want to type the run command
Fuzzy looking screen?
This is part of the emulation, to make your Amstrad experience more real! That's not a joke. If you don't want this, turn off PAL emulation.
- Click Settings - Display
- Uncheck PAL Emulation in the options section