Apple IIe emulators for Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7
AppleWin Apple IIe emulator
- Latest version 220.127.116.11 (17 Feb 2017)
- Works on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP (32/64 bits)
- Emulates the Apple IIe
- Supports .bin, .do, .dsk, .nib, and .po disk image files
- Comments: works out of the box, keys are configured, has great in-program documentation
- Project website https://github.com/AppleWin/AppleWin
Play Apple IIe games with the AppleWin emulator on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7
So, what do you need to do to play Apple II and IIe games (like Lode Runner) on Windows with the AppleWin emulator?
- Download the AppleWin zip file (AppleWin1.xx.x.x.zip) for Windows
- Copy the contents of the zip file to an empty folder of choice, for example c:\AppleWin.
- Create a folder for your Apple IIe games in the AppleWin folder, for example c:\AppleWin\games.
- Search for and download an Apple IIe game file and copy it to the game folder you've created (AppleWin also supports zip files)
- Start AppleWin with Applewin.exe
- Click on the disk 1 icon to load your game of choice!
- If the game doesn't start automatically, press the apple icon to reboot and start the disk
- Controls are fixed: use the numpad arrows to move, use the alt button to fire
The screen is full of lines!
This is part of the emulation. You can disable this feature:
- Click on the settings icon (joystick and speaker)
- Click on the configuration tab (selected by default)
- Uncheck the 50% Scan lines option
- Click on Ok
I need additional help!
Well, you're in luck! The AppleWin emulator comes with an excellent manual. Just click on the help icon (book with question mark) and browse the contents.