Dune II - The Building Of A Dynasty - Windows 7, Windows 8, XP and Vista
All time classic! Revolutionary strategy game on which several succesful games are based, like the Command & Conquer series and Warcraft. Although still playable with DOSBox, the game features a primitive control set. For example, selection of multiple units isn't possible. To attack your enemy you first need to press the attack button (or corresponding hotkey). Quite cumbersome for such an important move. Fortunately for us, some people have spent time to rebuild the Dune II engine under the name "Dune Legacy" (which might change due to copyright issues). The engine supports multiple unit selection and control, high resolution and multiplay.
What do you need to play Dune II with the Dune Legacy engine?
- Download Dune II on abandonia.com
- Install the original Dune II game or unzip the downloaded file
- You'll need the .PAK game files from the original game
Installation of Dune Legacy
- Download Dune Legacy 0.96.3 engine
- Install Dune legacy, by right clicking the installation file and chosing "run as administrator"
- During the installation, you'll be asked for the .PAK game files of the original Dune II game
- Finish the installation