NES Nintendo emulator for Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7
Nestopia UE NES emulator
Based on the excellent Nestopia emulator by Martin Freij, Nestopia UE (Undead Edition) is one of the better NES emulators to play NES games on a Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP computer.
- Latest version 1.47 (9 January 2016)
- Works on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP (32/64 bits)
- Needs DirectX 9.0c
- Emulates the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
- Supports .NES, .UNF, and .FDS cartridge image files
- Comments: works out of the box, keys are configured, netplay possible
- Project website http://0ldsk00l.ca/nestopia/
- Old project website http://nestopia.sourceforge.net
Play NES games with the Nestopia UE emulator on Windows 10, Windows 8 en Windows 7
So, what do you need to do to play NES games (like Legend of Zelda) on Windows with the Nestopia UE emulator?
- Make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed
- Download the Nestopia UE Binary zip for Windows (nestopia_1.4x-win32.zip)
- Copy the contents of the zip file to an empty folder of choice
- Create a folder for your NES games in the Nestopia folder
- Search for a NES game file and copy it to the game folder you've created (if it's zipped, unzip it)
- Start Nestopia UE with nestopia.exe
- Choose Options - Input to check the controller settings
- Choose Options - Paths to configure the path to your games (first field, uncheck last visited)
- Choose File - Open to start your game of choice!
- To save a game, press F5
- To load a saved game, press F7