How to play C&C Red Alert on Windows
Command & Conquer Red Alert 1
You all know this wonderful successor of Command & Conquer. Perhaps you can get your Red Alert CDs running with DOSBox or Windows 95 in a virtual environment. However, Red Alert has been released as freeware in 2008, so the community has built a wonderful installer that should work on the latest versions of Windows, including Windows 11 and Windows 10. Whether you own an original copy, or you have a downloaded ISO somewhere, or you don't have the game at all, the installer is prepared for all these situations. Here we go:
How do I download and install Red Alert 1?
- Go to cncnet.org and download the Red Alert installer
- For online play only, press the "download and play online" button
- For the single player campaign, scroll down and click the "view all downloads" button and choose "Full game (windows)" from the pull down menu
- Run the installer
- To find out which parts to install or download, press the Help button
- When the game is installed, take a minute to read the FAQ
- When done, press the Finish button
How do I run and configure Red Alert 1?
- Double click the desktop icon to run the game, or double click the RA95Launcher.exe file in the Red Alert installation folder
- Press the settings button and check whether the video settings are ok:
- Adjust the resolution
- To run in a window, check the "Run in windowed mode" checkbox
- Start playing!
Command & Conquer remastered edition 2020
You can also download the remastered version of Command & Conquer Red Alert. Fight your battles in 4K resolution! Includes expansion packs and bonus footage.