Prince of Persia 1 on Windows
Play Prince of Persia 1
Prince of Persia is a classic that many of us have fond memories of, often in monochrome colors. The smooth and life like movements of the prince were something most of us hadn't seen before back in 1990. A lot of Prince of Persia games followed, but none of these sequels were as revolutionary as this first game. Ported to many systems, even modern ones, you still need to use DOSBox to play Prince of Persia on Windows. But wait! What's that? SDLPoP? That's right. Play Prince of Persia 1 directly on Windows 11 or Windows 10 and older.
Prince of Persia for Windows 10: SDLPoP
Setting up SDLPoP is very simple.
- Download the latest version of SDL Prince of Persia (SDLPoP-1.20.zip)
- Open the downloaded ZIP file and copy the content to a folder of choice, for example d:\games
- In this example, you'll end up with d:\games\SDLPoP-1.xx\
Start and configure Prince of Persia for Windows 10
To play the game do the following:
- Navigate to the Prince of Persia folder, in this example d:\games\SDLPoP-1.xx\
- Double click on the prince.exe file to start the game!
Nice to know keys and key combinations:
- Full screen: Alt + Enter (or maximize the game window)
- Quick save your game: F9
- Quick load your game: F6
- Save game (starting at level 3): CTRL + G
- Load game (when you see the intro): CTRL + L
- Pause game: Esc