Wolfenstein 3D Total Conversion: Play Wolf3D on Windows
Play Wolfenstein 3D with Wolf3DTC
Wolf3DTC is a total conversion from all episodes of Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny to the Doom engine. You can play it with the GZDoom port. Although it has some graphical enhancements, it looks and feels like the real thing! Here's how to install and play it! It works great on Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Download and install GZDoom and Wolf3DTC
- Download ZDoom (click on the Windows icon), please note the latest version of GZDoom (4.6.x) does not work with Wolf3DTC!
- Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file, for example d:\games\zdoom
- Download Wolf3DTC (version 2.0.x)
- Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file into the ZDoom folder, you'll end up with d:\games\zdoom\Wolfenstein 3D TC\
- That's it. Yes. You can play all Wolfenstein games now, by following the steps below.
Start and configure Wolf3DTC
- Navigate to the Wolf3DTC folder, in this example d:\games\zdoom\Wolfenstein 3D TC\
- Double click the Consolidated TC.bat file to start the game
- Click on Controls in the main menu
- Please note there are a lot of options here that don't work, because they're for Doom games
- Click on Set video mode
- If you don't want to play in fullscreen, set Fullscreen to No
- Set Force aspect ratio to Off
- Choose the resolution of your screen, for example 1920x1080
- Press Esc twice to return to the main menu
- Click on New game in the main menu and pick an episode to play