NES Nintendo emulator for Windows 10 or 11
Nestopia UE NES emulator
Based on the excellent Nestopia emulator by Martin Freij, Nestopia UE (Undead Edition) is one of the better NES emulators to play NES games on a computer with Windows 11 or Windows 10.
- Latest version 1.52.0 (29 December 2022)
- Works on Windows 11, Windows 10 or older (32/64 bits)
- Needs DirectX 9.0c
- Emulates the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
- Supports .NES, .UNF, and .FDS cartridge image files
- Comments: works out of the box, keys are configured, netplay possible
- Project website http://0ldsk00l.ca/nestopia/
- Old project website http://nestopia.sourceforge.net
Play NES games with the Nestopia UE emulator on Windows 11 en Windows 10
So, what do you need to do to play NES games (like Legend of Zelda) on Windows with the Nestopia UE emulator?
- Make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed
- Download the Nestopia UE Binary zip for Windows (nestopia_1.5x-win32.zip)
- Copy the contents of the zip file to an empty folder of choice
- Create a folder for your NES games in the Nestopia folder
- Search for a NES game file and copy it to the game folder you've created (if it's zipped, unzip it)
- Start Nestopia UE with nestopia.exe
- Choose Options - Input to check the controller settings
- Choose Options - Paths to configure the path to your games (first field, uncheck last visited)
- Choose File - Open to start your game of choice!
- To save a game, press F5
- To load a saved game, press F7