Play Dune 2000 on Windows with OpenRA
OpenRA: Dune 2000 in high resolution
OpenRA is a source port originaly created for Red Alert, but it also supports Dune 2000. Its primary focus is enabling cross-platform multiplayer games. You can however play some (rebuilt) single player levels and of course choose skirmish where you can play one of the multiplayer maps against the computer.
Download, install and run OpenRA
So how can you play Dune 2000 with OpenRA?
- Download and install OpenRA
- Start OpenRA
- When OpenRA starts for the first time, you can choose a mod. Choose the left one, which is Dune 2000. When you've already installed OpenRA, you can click the Mods button to choose another mod.
- OpenRA needs the original Dune 2000 files, but has a built-in downloader:
- Click on the Install assets button
- Click on the Download button
- When an error message appears, click on the Download button again and (if you're lucky) another mirror will be used.
- Play the game!